Strengthen board member impact
Board members are key to the success of the organizations they serve, but all too often are left questioning the value of contributions and their strategic impact on the organization. According to our 2015 State of Board Engagement Report, more than one in ten believe the board has little-to-no influence on strategic direction.
Often times, this is a direct result of poorly articulated expectations, inefficient communication processes, misuse of member talent and other items directly tied to the organization’s board management practices.
As a board member, have you experienced:
- Lengthy board meetings that lack focus, direction or a clear agenda?
- Attachment-heavy email chains with board-related materials?
- Difficulty finding the specific board documents you need?
- Stalled projects due to a lack of accountability among members?
- Ambiguity regarding the organization’s overall goals and strategic plan?
The good news: Board management software can solve these challenges, and help busy members (like you) maximize involvement and impact.