General ledger (GL) management and expense entry capabilities aren’t new to AmpliFund. Users have always been able to import and tie expenses to grants.
But, as a widely used function within our software—relied on regularly by our grant managers—we knew we could do it better.
By simplifying how you import, track and view critical data from your financial system, we could save you time and make day-to-day tasks easier.
With our mission in hand, we worked closely with our customers to simplify the GL user experience. As a result of the updates outlined below, you can more readily relate organizational expenses to grant line items in a more efficient and intuitive way.
We hope you enjoy the timesaving and reporting benefits.
1. Updated General Ledger Definition
AmpliFund now allows you to define your own GL naming structure for financial data imports within the administrative panel. Previously, users were only able to use two generic classifications. Now, you can customize multiple fields to match your internal account codes. This ensures consistency between financial and grants management systems, and simplifies the mapping of expenses to individual budget line items.
Once your GL structure is defined, you can import account data into AmpliFund with ease. Column names on the AmpliFund import screen will automatically match the fields configured within your administrative panel.
In addition, you can view GL account code assignments in a single place via the “Connections” tab. For each GL code in your system, easily view status, and associated grants and line items.
2. Improved Expense Import Experience
Several updates were made to the expense import to save users time and offer a more intuitive experience. Users can now:
- Upload financial data for a custom date range versus a pre-defined time period.
- Create and save import field mappings to reduce efforts on future imports.
- See more detail for each file on the import screen. This includes import name, who imported, number of records, timestamp, original file source and status.
- Track expenses all the way back to the original import file source for auditing purposes (e.g. grant > line item > expense > original file source).
- Automatically route imported data to the appropriate grant and line item based on the GL code used.
- Preview data imports before routed to ensure items are matched correctly.
3. Streamlined Expense Report View
A new navigational menu item brings a single grant view of all expenditures to the forefront, helping you better track spend.
Easily filter expenses by timeframe, budget category or grant name. Turn column fields—GL account, line item, responsible individual, created by, payee, cash match, in kind—on and off as needed, and bulk review or delete items.
How could your organization benefit from improved GL and expense entry capabilities? Share with us in the comments below.
If interested in learning more, schedule a free demo today!